A low-carb recipe inspired by Lil ‘Lunas’ Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 3 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 recipe Homemade Green Enchilada Sauce or 4 cups of canned Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 low carb tortillas
- 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
Homemade Enchilada Sauce:
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra-virgin
- 1/4 minced white onion minced
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 seeded jalapeños
- 3/4 lb husked tomatillos
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp erythritol
- If using canned enchilada sauce skip to Step 4. Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil. While onions are sautéing, blend tomatillos, green peppers, jalapeno peppers and cilantro in food processor until smooth. Add onions and garlic and process once more.
- Heat tomatillo mixture, chicken broth, and spices in a large pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let mixture cool, and process once more to remove any remaining lumps. (If desired, simmer sauce in slow cooker for a few hours to strengthen the flavors.)
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish with oil, and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine chicken, 1 1/2 cups cheese, and green chiles in a small bowl. Spread a dollop of sour cream down the center of each tortilla (1-2 Tbsp). Scoop 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla and roll. Be sure to place the enchilada seam side down in the baking dish.
- Repeat Step 5 with remaining 7 tortillas and top with heated enchilada sauce. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, and if desired, serve with Guacamole or sour cream.
|Amount per serving|
|Total Fat 28.2g|
|Net Carbohydrates 10g|
|*Disclaimer: Nutrition is approximate.|